A fellow colleague will soon hire a new employee for her company, and a large group of us managers convened Friday evening to celebrate! I'm happy to report that the evening was a success, that the guest of honor was surprised, and the evening's events progressed just as planned.

As a manager, I find it most helpful--imperative, really--to get out every now and again without my lovely employees. A block of time spent away from the staff's smiling little faces just makes the managerial heart grow fonder. Particularly on this Friday, after a long day, a long week, at the office with a highly demanding staff, it made all the difference to my own sense of managerial purpose, i.e. my will to continue with this career.

It helps to vent, to listen, to toss back a little drink. And, of course, to celebrate being a manager, for all of its many challenges and rewards.

To Erin and her new hire, and to all of us: Cheers!

3 Read More
3 peanuts:
  1. Anonymous says:

    Other managers are the only ones who can really understand the hard work and dedication that goes into our jobs. Without a support network of peers, I'm sure some of us would go completely bonkers.

  1. erin j says:

    THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I had sooo much fun (sans the drink pour moi!) It is nice to get out without the kiddos and be around fellow mom!