When I picked K.Lo up from preschool yesterday, I asked her the usual questions (did you have fun? did you play outside?), and noticed that in a few hours’ time, she had learned to say “YES,” pronounced very definitively, with emphasis on the “s.” As opposed to “yeah,” or just plain old “yes.” Soon after that, she began answering questions with, “YES, sir.” Doesn’t matter who’s asking the question.

“Would you like some juice?”

“YES, sir.”

“Would you like to wear this shirt?”

“YES, sir.”

“Do you have to go potty?”

“YES, sir.”

I’ve caught a few bars of “Baa, baa, black sheep” sung here and there, so I imagine they did some sort of activity or singing session with this song. Regardless of the source, I’m amused that just a few hours could inspire a whole new speech habit. And, I have to admit, even though I’m not a “sir,” it kind of has a nice ring to it…

YES, sir!

3 , , Read More
3 peanuts:
  1. Kim says:

    I hope that outsourcer isn't a secret Army recruitment office, or there's going to be a real situation! Keep an eye out if she brings home a gun cleaning kit...

  1. ~sarah says:

    marcie on the peanuts called everyone "sir" too and she was pretty awesome.

  1. Ruby says:

    That's awesome that the outsourcer is rubbing off so well so soon! Aren't new songs fun?!