This list of recent K.Lo-isms is by no means comprehensive. But the Lo.Co. Secretary has done her best to record the new classics.

 

To coworker: “Look, N.Lo! I have a pretty dress!”

“Awwww, he’s so beautiful. Beautiful boy.”

“N.Lo! I’m.so.PROUD!” (Said in a gasping, dramatic sort of voice.)

“Nickelodeon…where arrre you?”

“We need to cut this up [apple slices, cheese] into smaller pieces. Okay? There you go.” (And the way she dotes on him here brings a little tear to my eye.)

“What’s the matter, bud-sies? You’re okay.”

“Hey! Stop crying!” (Shoot. Did I ever say that?)

 

In a sing-song: “I have panties on. Let me know… if you have to go pot-ty!” (Oh geez. I can’t tell if she’s mocking me, or reminding herself?)

 

When asked/prompted about preschool, now just whispers, before changing subject: “Mommies always come back.”

 

To flies disrupting a recent picnic out on the grounds: “NO, FLIES! STOP DOING THAT! I TOLD YOU NO!” (How does one explain that flies don’t respond to verbal reprimands?)

 

To the Canine Staff: “Move! For God’s sake!” (Oops.)

 

Also not good, but we pretend not to hear: “Dambit!” (Apparently she’s getting better at the pronunciation, rather than its use becoming obsolete.)

6 , Read More
6 peanuts:
  1. ashley says:

    If K. Lo. ever goes missing, it's me that took her. :)

    "Mommies always come back." How precious is that?!!

  1. Ruby says:

    Oh dambit, K.Lo's cussing!

    Nothing like a little myna bird to show you EXACTLY what phrases come out of your mouth, huh? :)

  1. penelope says:

    I find the "Mommies come back" to be the sweetest/bravest/most pitiful statement ever.

    Half this list made me feel like maybe I should... work on my more silent Managerial skills? :)

  1. ah dambit in deed.
    awesome.

  1. Andria says:

    I love it.
    It had me totally laughing out loud. .and hearing Dellaina's voice. . she says so many of these things so often as well.