Today, K.Lo learned the all-important life lesson of Why We Don’t Touch the Stove. Total fluke timing, with my back being turned while sorting out breakfast and K.Lo reaching for something on the counter and placing her hand on the flat-top burner where I had just cooked said breakfast. She howled for quite a while and once calmed down, didn’t speak for a few hours, just sat and stared, cradling her poor little hand. Luckily, my assessment of it being only a first-degree burn was correct, and after a much-needed nap, K.Lo woke up to say, “My hand feels better.” Well thank goodness for that. And, I’m quite sure she won’t touch the hot stove non-accidentally ever again.

Here’s hoping we got our Holiday Burn Trauma out of the way early for Turkey Day.

GirlDown

6 Read More
6 peanuts:
  1. Megan says:

    Oh no! I'm glad it was only a first degree burn and that she learned a valuable lesson out of it! Naps always seem to make things better, don't they?!

  1. Beth says:

    Poor thing. My little guy (1 yr) stuck his hand into the hot OVEN and grabbed the wire rack this week. :( It blistered pretty badly, and he refuses any sort of medical attention from the company clinic. I think I am going to be fired!

  1. penelope says:

    Oh dear! Poor kiddo, and poor you! Luckily, they mend fairly quickly, right?

  1. Jami says:

    Naps most definately cure just about whatever ails me... I'm glad that little K.Lo survived teh trauma with minimal damage.

  1. yaaah ouch ! so glad no lasting damage done.

    Happens in a blink eh ! le

  1. yaaah ouch ! so glad no lasting damage done.

    Happens in a blink eh ! le