Two notes:

1. Trips to the post office with The Lo. Co. in tow are possibly the most painful errand in existence. It is an Unwritten Law of the Universe that good managers do not leave their employees in the company car by themselves for more than two seconds, in case of possible death by cooking, or employee/company car theft. Frankly, for a three-minute trip into a building five feet away from the company car, this Unwritten Law seems a tad stringent, but heaven forbid if something should ever happen, winning you a lifetime of guilt and the label of Unfit for Managerial Duty. So, the entire company must come along for the errand, which is physically difficult to maneuver, with The New Guy screaming in his portable office chair, an antsy K.Lo whose hand must be held lest she wander, and whatever packages are set to be mailed. And the oblivious man in front of us who fails to wait two seconds and hold open the door. Usually, I send the CEO on this errand during his Lunch Hour at The Other Job, but I had already ordered him go to the post office yesterday to pick up the actual mailing materials. The extreme level of annoyance involved in this morning's trip prompted me to order a new office printer, one that I can actually operate, so that I can, among other managerial tasks, print out pre-paid shipping labels online. Luckily, the CFO approved this purchase.

2. As a manager, I have to wonder if I am training K.Lo correctly about mail. So much of the company mail we receive is junk, which immediately gets torn into pieces and discarded. Tearing up paper is an extremely fun task for two-year employees, and so I usually get assistance, whether I request it or not. Certainly I will have to be vigilant that the employee not tear up anything important, from the mail pile or elsewhere.

2 , , , , Read More
2 peanuts:
  1. Ruby says:

    I completely agree that going to the post office with children in tow is difficult at best.

    I have sworn off our post office (due to an 'incident' long ago but not forgotten) in favor of the customer service counter at the grocery store. Grab a buggy from the parking lot, load it up with children and packages, and merrily push your way through automatic doors to smiling faces and no lines.

    *I hope that your gro sto offers postal services!(Ours is owned by Kroger.)*

  1. penelope says:

    I'm going to have to check into this grocery store post office thing! Brilliant! We DON'T have Kroger here, it's so sad. There's a lot of Krogers where I used to live, so I am familiar with its awesomeness.