BedFriends

Every few days, K.Lo adds another doll or stuffed animal to her bed at night. Overcrowding does not appear to be an issue for the employee, and I wonder if eventually, K.Lo will build a mountain on her bed of the entire collection. I can easily see it happening.

I should perhaps mention that once upon a time, in a company far, far away, an employee I knew used to insist on building her own stuffed animal mountain at night, no exclusions... Bizarre, but true. And I had a lot of stuffed animals.

4 , , , Read More
4 peanuts:
  1. besides my 3 favorite blankets i still have! i had an empire fill my bed each day and night... pound puppies, 3 cabbage patch dolls, bunnies, bears and all the rest. i'm with yah.

    i don't get it, but its her whole world right there.

  1. Kim says:

    I used to do the exact same thing! But mine was animals ONLY, no dolls. I pretended I ran a veterinary clinic and they were all my patients and I slept with them to make their stay more tolerable. Thus were the sky-high daydreams of an only child.

  1. ~sarah says:

    i was afraid mine would feel lonely or left out, possibly also the result of being an only child, so they took turns in the bed with me. a few special ones never left the rotation - like baby bear. he was (is, i still have him!) a super tiny teddy bear that slept on my head at night. and if monsters came, he would grow really big and protect me. i'm pretty sure he commanded the other stuffed animals in lots and lots of monster battles while i was sleeping... safety in numbers, you know. : )

  1. Andria says:

    I had soooo many animals in my bed at night. Until my mom sold them in a garage sale (I was older by this point, but it was still a little difficult to swallow coming home to a depleted stock of ratty stuffed animals - not sure who would want them?! It was also kind of a relief for someone else to have broken the bond, so I didn't feel the need to keep up with them just for the sake of nostalgia) And, I'd have to kiss them all good night, every night. I didn't want anyone to feel left out, either.