Today, our company dyed the Easter eggs that were boiled over the weekend, but never colored. (Time Management: must work on it!) This year, both employees were able to work on the project, which I adapted to the overall skill and patience level of the staff. They stirred up the dye, picked colors for their eggs, and then after they dried, applied a few stickers. Next year, we’ll get into a more involved decorating process, but for now, this approach sufficed, and we were more quickly able to get to the real goal of this project for the employees, which was to EAT the eggs. They like the white part, and the yolks are distributed to the Canine Staff.

P1020756

Stir it up! I was surprised to hear N.Lo say “blue,” “red” (pink), and “purple” for his picks, but I’m guessing he doesn’t actually know what colors belong to which word yet.

P1020757

I want this one!

P1020758 

Can I have it?

P1020760

Are they dry yet?

Can we do stickers?

 P1020761

Can we eat them?

P1020763

All gone…

P1020764  

…Can I have more?

6 , Read More
6 peanuts:
  1. i applaud the color and over all concentration of the dye. very nice.

    though i feel the stickers were a bit of an artistic cop out- we understand the time constraint and look forward to more markered abstract expressionisms in the future. :)

  1. penelope says:

    totally the stickers were a cop-out... i had intended on more. some day it will be the melted wax on the stove, in a jar lid, scratched onto the egg surface with a nail that is driven into a stick... the tradition exists. for now, it's stickers, and immediate destruction.

  1. Beth says:

    OK, your description of how you will 'someday' decorate your eggs puts all of my egg decorating experience to shame. Ha! I think the most we ever did growing up was draw on the egg with a waxy white crayon before dipping into the dye. Sigh.

    I think my favorite pic is the sweet little finger pointing at the pink egg - too cute! Although I have to say K.Lo peering over the edge of the counter is pretty sweet, too!

  1. penelope says:

    Thanks! :)
    No one ever knows what I'm talking about, with the wax! It's the Russian in me. Someday, there will be a blog documenting these artistic ventures, maybe a step-by-step? I haven't done it in years... maybe next year, I will revive the tradition.

  1. only eight eggs? says:

    ooh, the colors, love them. I've done the straight pin in the eraser end of a pencil dipped in the warm melted wax. And dipping the egg in wax and then in the colors.

  1. penelope says:

    The kids ate 4 over the weekend, before we even got started. Should have bought more! That is a great idea, with the pencil eraser and the straight pin. We dipped the eggs themselves as well... fun!